Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What a difference a month makes.

Alright, so it's 12:45 am....on my birthday technically, August 1st and I have just wrapped up an awesome month in Mary Kay.  Compared to last month I blew this one out of the water.  And the best part is that I'm just getting started.  Our unit is changing and molding into something truly amazing and honestly started out with a change in my attitude and activity.  I decided to make a plan of what to accomplish....get on-Target for $300,000 club and we did it!!! Share this career with many, many women and we did that.  We are all fired up to make things happen in our unit and I am so proud of the new women that have come on board and the seasoned consultants who have made commitments to make a change in their business. 
If I wasn't so tired I would go into detail but the major shift for me was that if I really want anything worth having in life, my financial independence, a truly flexibly career and to be surrounded with people of integrity and to find other like minded women who want a business for the same reason I need to work really hard...not just some days...but ALL days and the best part is that I did and I still didn't miss a beat with my kid's activities and my family commitments.  My social calender is pretty lacking but the best part is that in Mary Kay I feel like I'm socializing all the time and I get to do it with some of my best girlfriends.  I hope that  you all know that things can change in a matter of weeks with a determined mine, a plan and then being willing to go to work no matter what, I mean no matter what, whether you have sick kids, financial issues, long term illness in the family, crisis and even death.  All of these factors are a part of life and absolutely deserve due attention but they can't consume you so much that you allow them to dictate every move and emotion you make...if you did that it would be paralyzing.  This month has been such a growing experience for me personally and professionally and while I won't bog you down with details I could have allowed my personal life to negatively influence my professional life but I made a choice and I sincerely hope that you all do the same too!

No comments:

Post a Comment