Thursday, July 5, 2012

But I did it anyways....

Do you ever have one of those mornings you wish you could do over???? Well... Tuesday was definitely like that for me. Nothing went right and it wasn't work related. It also turned out this challenge I made with my Sales Director friend, which was not to include my kids, included them. To get things started off strong this new Seminar Year I challenged her to a 'warm chatter '  duel:)... The first to 5 at the mall bought the other a coffee. Normally I would have cancelled the morning plans to do this because bringing the kids would have been less than ideal... however, I knew this was really important to her because she prepared herself so I decided... I'm just going to bring the kids and get it done. I put my best face on, didn't make the rest of the day a reflection of the morning. I just did it anyways... And you know what?... I got 6 names, won the contest and had a free coffee and I know that I could have never done this with any other job. Instead of allowing my emotions to control me. I took control of my emotions and followed through with my commitment. I'm so glad I did. Perseverance is so important and so is not making excuses. Lots of people have crazy and even crappy mornings and they continue with their day and ladies and gents I am no exception!!! So, when you are on the verge of defeat just pull those big girl pants up and do it anyways!

1 comment: