Thursday, June 28, 2012

Riding the Emotional Roller Coaster of Being My Own Boss...but I'll stay on it!

Wow!  What a day today has been.  I started out with some major self-doubt, wondering if I'm eveer going to complete my goals for the next year in my business.  It sounded overwhleming and then I thought...maybe I'm not meant for this...maybe I should go back to working for someone else.  Then I walked to park with my kids and was later helping Charlotte on the monkey bars.  She LOVES the monkey bars but these ones were pretty difficult.  She said to me with much doubt, "mom, I don't think I can do this."  I then told her..."Charlotte, all you have to do is try.  You never know until you try.  What's the worst that could happen?" And she responded, "I will fall." And I said, "That's ok, isn't it?" And she said "yeah."  I told her... just tell yourself "I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. and just said it over and over"  So Charlotte and I said it out loud in the park over and over...and you know what...she did it!  She fell a little bit at the end but she got back up and tried again.  Once I got done with this experience I thought, "i can do this."  I just need to change my attitude and believe in myself.  So, lone behold, I started getting texts after that, no doubt, for customer orders and then appointments that were confirming or booking and to top it off I got a call from a prospect who told me she is ready to start her business!  Later I even got more customer orders and to make the day even sweet I got to enjoy the night with the girls at the beach.  Because I made a choice to own my own business I get to do something like that and not worry about waking up early to go work for someone else so I got to keep the girls up later for some summer fun.  You  know, I just keep going back to this one thing: I find so much more value in having the freedom of flexibility and making my own schedule and being my own boss than any income coudl give me but the wonderful part of that is that I am paid what I'm worth.  So, this next year, I will be working my tail off and pushing myself to levels I have never worked so that I can get paid that big girl pay I deserve! Seriously though, I know it will take hard work and I know I'm worth it and so is my families.  SO.....when I start to doubt this future that I'm building I will remember to push through and think positive and tell myself that "I can do this. I can do this. I can do this!"  Goodness....the lessons we learn from our        children:) Thank you Charlotte for not giving up!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you both for the post and response! I am restarting (again) my business and my goal is to become a Director this Seminar year.
    Your everyday highs and lows are comforting to read as I realize that I'm not the only one feeling that way! Just to get out of my own way and get my business going!
    Thanks for sharing Molly. I look forward to following your journey.
    All the best,
    Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your comment Shannon. I am so glad that his is valuable to you. Just hearing that reminds me that I am also not alone. Just know that you are NOT alone and I know how you feel. If you ever need any moitvation, words of advice pease let me know. I would be glad to help in any way! Please feel free to share this blog with others. I would love for them to read too! What area are you from and who is your Sales Director?

      Delete